[BlueOnyx:24120] Re: ionCube on PHP 7.4

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jul 22 15:03:01 -05 2020

Hi Chris,

> We use php zip with some of our sites (most notably, any WordPress site)
> and it looks like the PHP 7.4 package would need to be compiled
> *--with-zip*in order for that to work.    If that's something that can
> be slipped in, that's great.

Yeah, I talked about this recently in [BlueOnyx:24088]. The problem is
that PHP-7.4 requires "libzip" in order for that to work. The "libzip"
included in CentOS 8 is too old and PHP's Zip-extension won't compile
against it.

I had tried to solve it by providing a newer "libzip" in
/home/solarspeed/libzip/ and compiling against that one. However, the
Makefile of the Zip-extension doesn't honor the separate library path.

I'm still working on trying to get it sorted, but it's not easy.