[BlueOnyx:23725] Re: certificate issues 5209R letsencrypt

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Fri Mar 6 10:00:12 -05 2020

On Thu March 5 2020 09:33, Larry Smith wrote:
> Michael,
>
>   Really appreciate your answers, but so far none have worked.
> Nothing in the box under Manage Certificate Authorities.
>
> I have five 5209R servers that use letsencrypt.
> Three of them fail certificate check for no chain.
> Two pass successfully.
>
> Have tried removing all certificates entirely (lucky I had ssh access
> to restore previous certs), tried changing to self-signed and back
> to letsencrypt and still get same fail on these three servers.
>
> I do not use nginx on any of these servers (but tried it also, same error).
>
> Any more ideas?  Please??

Not trying to beat a dead horse but really need to figure this out
and get it working.

On the servers two that _are_ working, found that the last line of
/etc/admserv/conf.d/ssl.conf is:
"SSLCACertificateFile /etc/admserv/certs/ca-certs"

and the servers that are not working that line is _not_ there.

Thought this was it, so added that line to all three servers that
fail certificate check and - they STILL fail... Error is "a valid root
cetificate cannot be located, certificate will likely display browser
warnings".

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net