[BlueOnyx:24265] Re: 5209R logins

Ralf Quint pcworxla at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 15:24:15 -05 2020

On 9/10/2020 1:10 PM, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> Hi Ralph
>
> > Considering that TCP/443 is the default port for https and TCP/80 is
> the default port for http, this doesn't make much sense!
> > Why did you chose opposite "+1" ports for this???? =-O:-(
>
> These ports are for the BlueOnyx GUI.   Not for websites.    You can't
> very well have the control panel GUI on the same ports as regular
> Apache (or whatever your webserver of choice).    That's standard
> across all hosting systems I've come into contact with.

Well, you did not pay attention, which starts already with my name...

I am fully aware that those are the ports for access the GUI and not for
web sites (I am using the Internet before it was referred to as Internet).

What I was referring to is why the "+1" port for access to the GUI are
swapped between https and http according to Michael's post.
More logically TCP/81 should be the http port and TCP/444 the https port
for accessing the GUI just as TCP/80 is the http port and TCP/443 the
default https port for web sites.

Ralf