[BlueOnyx:24748] Re: RoundCube mysteriously stopped working

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Feb 1 16:35:54 -05 2021

Hi Adam,

> This morning, a client couldn't log in with outlook, but RC worked fine.  I remoted in  her computer and verified. And now the opposite problem has surfaced.
> "welcome to 2020, part2"

I just tried it with RoundCube 1.4.10 and it seems to work fine in general.

If you're still using RoundCube 1.2.0, then you're a bit behind.

Generally RoundCube uses Dovecot and Sendmail/Postfix for authentication
in the same way that an email client authenticates against these. If one
side of the equation works (email client vs RC), then the other should
as well.

Certain factors can play a role here:

- APF, Firewalld, Dfix2 or Fail2ban could have tripped and added the
  IP in question to the banlist.

- The Vsite uses a PHP version that doesn't agree with the installed
  RoundCube version.

- The pam_abl database is corrupted and throws a wrench into it.

- Restarting the services cced, saslauthd, dovecot sendmail
  (or postfix on 5210R) could possibly shake that loose, too.

If you file a support ticket through the GUI of your BlueOnyx (with the
checkbox "Allow Access" ticked I'll take a look at it and will try to
fix it for you.