[BlueOnyx:24974] Re: CentOS8 / Blueonyx 5210R / issues with jailed rsync

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jun 18 02:01:11 -05 2021

Hi Dirk,

> is there a way (do you have a way via any update) to fix this for all affected sites at once?
> On the server in question (that I know of) there are 26 sites.
> I haven't checked the other servers yet. That would be a lot of manual work...
Yeah, that's a good point.

I'll publish an update today that will contain a new script that will do
this for you on all Vsites that have jails active.

I'll let you know when that update is available.

How this will work: The script walks through all Vsites and checks if
jails are active. If so, it takes note which users have which type of
shell access. Then it disables the jails for the Vsite. That
automatically removes the Vsite jail as well as all the User jails.

Then it re-activates the same type of Vsite jail that was there before
and then also grants the users that had any kind of jail related
privileges the same shell access they had before, restoring their jails.

This re-deployment of jails will fix any dependency issues of jail binaries.