[BlueOnyx:25190] Re: Switch to Almalinux for existing CentOS installation?

Rickard Osser rickard.osser at bluapp.com
Thu Nov 4 02:45:39 -05 2021

Hi Michael and Dirk,

I would prefer alt. 1...
I already converted a bunch of machines to Rocky and have a LXC-
template for 5210R and Rocky.

So, provide the script and let us do the conversion.

For those who are interested in converting to Rocky instead of Alma try
out the migrate2rocky script, it works wonders both on containers as
well as vm's/metal.
Link: https://docs.rockylinux.org/guides/migrate2rocky/

On the other hand, as both Alma and Rocky are 1:1 compatible it
shouldn't make a difference for Blueonyx on which platform it runs.

I just feel closer to the Rocky community as I have been active there
since the beginning.

Michael, if you need help doing the dependencies just ask and tell me
which to do...

Best regards,

Rickard

--