[BlueOnyx:25082] Re: Site with multiple IP

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Sep 3 13:06:48 -05 2021

Hi Brian,

> Pardon if this has been asked before, but I have a server using both NIC
> with different Ips (obviously) and have a site that needs to respond on
> both of them due to one being an internal address and due to a firewall
> rule the site’s DNS in the network is set to the private address.  I
> usually go into the vhost file for that site and put the 2^nd IP in so
> that it responds correctly.  However at times, updates cause the file to
> regenerate kicking out that change.

I think the easiest way would be to copy the entire <VirtualHost>
sections from /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/siteX and copy it into
/etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/siteX.include

Then change the IP in the /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/siteX.include file and
you should be good to go. The *.include file is never changed by the
GUI, so this change will persist.