[BlueOnyx:25123] Re: Blueonyx 5210r on ARM? I assume ARM support ended with 5109r?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Sep 28 01:35:45 -05 2021

Hi Brian,

> Just a quick question as I was just playing with a cloud account that
> has ARM for the processor, so I can get a version of Linux installed
> (RedHat 8.x variant) but I tried the manual install and it appears there
> are no repositories for the manual install (I see from the BO site
> Oliver Paukstadt was doing the fork).

I'm not up to date on what the state of the 5109R ARM port of BlueOnyx
5209R is, so I just checked. I don't have any compatible hardware, so I
never got involved into it.

Oliver Paukstadt still has the installation instructions up and you can
find them here:

http://www.sourcentral.org/blueonyx/

Oliver's YUM repositories for 5109R seem to be pretty stale, though and
there haven't been any updates in it since January 2018.

So ... this looks kinda dead'ish to me. Therefore: I wouldn't recommend
using 5109R for anything that's reachable from the outside world and
you'll be missing out on a lot of stuff that made it into 5209R since
the 5109R port was done.