[BlueOnyx:25372] Re: Roundcube login

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Mar 23 20:20:56 -05 2022

Hi Robert,

> Roundcube giving me fits on a 5209R server where no login works always
> with the Roundcube error "Login failed". There was a space issue on the
> home drive at 95% full, but persists even after getting it less than
> 70%. IMAP working fine, even if I set the Roundcube config default host
> to the host with issue on a different 5209R server and vsite where
> Roundcube works, I can login to any user account with no issue, so it
> seems this is a Roundcube issue. I've compared and set same PHP 7.4 FPM
> for the site, tried to completely uninstall Roundcube from a vsite and
> reinstall, the issue remains.
>
> Can someone suggest my next step to get Roundcube accepting logins for
> any vsite?

If removing and redeploying RoundCube to a Vsite didn't fix the problem,
then I'd check if IMAP is running, if the user has been blocked by
PAM_ABL or other means (such as Fail2ban). RoundCube uses IMAP for user
authentication, so you should also check the state of Dovecot, but if
that had issues, you'd probably have noticed.

All in all? It could be a great many number of things. If you want,
submit a support ticket with "Allow access" ticked and I'll take a look
at it.