[BlueOnyx:26712] Re: Google

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Jan 26 08:09:02 -05 2024

On 1/26/24 6:27 AM, Colin Jack via Blueonyx wrote:
>> You would need to use DKIM to sign the messages on the relay servers then and add the key to the DNS records of the domains.
>> Thanks for sharing this information as I had not heard about this yet.
> The problem is that the email is from all different domains but the relay server just uses our domain.

Back in the day we used aggregation points for inbound and outbound
mail.   That involved a dedicated inbound box to filter spam and an
outbound "smarthost" for sending.  Those days are long behind us now.
There were reasons for setting things up but as times have changed
(we're no longer limited by resources of a RaQ2 or RaQ3) we've adjusted
our design over the years.

Given that BlueOnyx (and the other systems) we use support DKIM out of
the box these days, there's little reason to force email out a separate
box.  It just creates a layer of complexity that doesn't need to exist.

That said, if you want to use DKIM then you'll need to configure that on
your relay server.   I don't know what you're using for this purpose,
but we have a Knowledgebase article that might give a nudge in the right
direction.   It was created with older BlueOnyx installations in mind
before DKIM integration made it to the GUI.  While I can't promise this
will work in every case (or even your specific case!), perhaps it will
be helpful:

https://www.virtbiz.com/client/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/4996/Add-DKIM-for-BlueOnyx-VSITE.html

But give some thought on the relay matter.   Is that still the best way
forward given the current landscape?   That's a question I would ask
myself but wouldn't answer on your behalf.  ;)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services