[BlueOnyx:26723] Re: Google

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jan 26 12:11:34 -05 2024

Hi Colin,

> Just out of interest on the DKIM question. Is it possible to
> set it up on a 5210R relay server or will the signature have
> to come from the sending domain. Seem to have conflicting info
> on the web. I'm trying to educate myself! <grin>

I have no idea. But I'm also in that boat as I do hav	e a part of my
network that does outbound sending through a central BlueOnyx 5210R
relay which has SPF and DKIM configured.

The original senders have SPF records that indicate the 5210R relay is
authorized. And whole the original senders don't have DKIM, the relay does.

So far that used to be good enough.

My idea is to throw a DMARC record on the DNS record for the relay
itself and also on a few selected domains of the relaying servers and
then see if that works.

The question being: Do I need DMARC records just for the relay? Or for
the initially sending domain as well?

I'll test it out and will let you know.