[BlueOnyx:27088] Re: Quota oddity, BlueOnyx 5210R

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Thu Jul 4 12:44:50 -05 2024

Hi Andy and Larry

I also had some troubles with the new "fake quota feature". First you
should check, if real quota or fake quota is used:

edit /usr/sausalito/sbin/get_quotas.pl and set $DEBUG to 1 and execute
this script.

Check /var/log/messages and look for:
Jul  4 19:37:28 blueonyx9 /usr/sausalito/sbin/get_quotas.pl[49711]:
HomeDir: /home
Jul  4 19:37:28 blueonyx9 /usr/sausalito/sbin/get_quotas.pl[49711]: Real
Quota-Support: 1

Is HomeDir set to /home and Real Quota-Support to 1? Then filesystem
quota is used (should be), else fake quota (which is not perfect). In
your case for existing servers it should have real quota and if it's
fake quota, we had to check why it's fake quota (in my case it was fake
quota and I have to fix that real quota is used; was a special case and
this error is fixed).

Thanks for your feedback, what values are in HomeDir and Real Quota-Suport.

Michael: maybe it would be helpful for diagnostic if this info is also
available on gui page?

Best regards,
Juerg