[BlueOnyx:07664] Re: Question about importing accounts

Matthew Komar mkomar at serverrack.net
Mon Jul 11 12:06:50 -05 2011

CMU - Cobalt Migration Utility

That's not going to do it for you ... However.

There are CLI tools that will create accounts. I imagine it wouldn't be
too hard to script something up that would create the accounts and then
copy mail files in place.

I don't know about how easy/hard it would be to maintain the same
passwords unless you have them plain text somewhere.

What you COULD do, would be to have the script generate a random
password which could be given to the users some other way.

Maybe generate the passwords in advance and email them out.

"Post migration, your new password will be X ... follow this process to
change it."