[BlueOnyx:08666] Re: Auto Reply issue

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Wed Sep 28 21:44:11 -05 2011

That error could happen if you've got a brand-new user account and that particular user hasn't received any e-mails yet.

I observed that the creation of a new user account for a site doesn't immediately create that user's home directory.  Its only created when its needed to store something - like a e-mail in the "inbox" file.  So if the user account hasn't received a message yet - the home directory may not have been created yet.  I had this exact thing happen under the older BlueQuartz.

And if the user's home directory hasn't been created by a incoming e-mail - you'd get that error when the vacation message script tries to create the .forward file.  In the times that happened to me, I simply sent a test message to that user account/name.  The home directory was created along with the inbox file, and everything worked OK afterward.

Good luck and let us know if that's the problem.

Chuck